For the last 6 years, Bards Against Hunger has been proving that poets can make a difference in the lives of the hungry by hosting live events and publishing poetry anthologies to help raise food, funds and awareness for local food banks and charities.
The blog's aim is to provide another avenue to do all of those things.
You send a poem to us. You make a donation to a charity or food bank in your area (or to Bards Against Hunger.) And your work and your donation help someone who is hungry.
1) Send a poem (Can be previously published, as long as you have the rights).
2) Send a donation of any amount (either money, or food) to a food shelter or bank in YOUR area or the Bards Against Hunger National Project.
3) We'll publish your poem on the site and recognize the donation (not the amount, but the donee).
In addition to the blog, poems submitted from now until 11/30/18 will be considered for a Bards Against Hunger Anthology to be published in print and eBook by Local Gems Press.
We hope you will join us--and as a recognized leader in the poetry community, I hope you will pass this on to other poets.
The poem can be on any topic, but must meet the following criteria:
- Can be on any topic--does NOT have to be about hunger. But all poems must adhere to common decency (no hate.)
- 50 lines or less (give or take--just no epics!)
- Include the poem in the body of your email and attached as a word doc.
- 1 poem per donation--but you can send as many as you like
- send all poems to email@example.com
- Include "Bards Against Hunger Blog" in the email subjectline.
- Include your name, city/state/country & the name of the charity you donated to-- no proof needed--you are on your honor. We also ask the amount for our tally purposes only--but that is not required.
- Please also include a 2-3 line bio in case your poem is included in the anthology
- By sending the poem you attest you have the right to allow us to publish it.